6/12/08

Karl's AT Speedrecord Attempt


The cards are dealt and the chips are in. I heard from Backcountry.com yesterday and they are buying my plane ticket to Allentown, PA on the 28th of Aug. Another fine mess you've gotten yourself into. When you look back at your life and try and connect the dots as to how you got where you are, it's amazing. I meet Karl thru Nate at Hardrock in '06. He is a good guy. Just a regular guy with big goals and huge tallent. He finds me up in Pensylvania last year while I'm thru hiking the trail and spends some time. We hook up at Hardrock again in '07. He casually mentions the AT speedrecord. Now a year later, I'm getting my expenses paid to go out on a cool adventure crewing Karl for the second half of his trip. There is no telling what will happen because of taking this step. Huge fun for sure. All I can say is what I've been saying all along, if an opportunity presents itself, do it. Do not limit your experience to 'inside your own mind' or 'too close to home'. The world is a big place. Every experience leads to new and better experiences. Don't be afraid, don't be shy, make your life an open book. The years go by faster and faster and faster and faster. I want my kids to say, "my dad was an adventurer."

5 comments:

Olga said...

Man, you're living a DREAM life! That's what I am talking about - my last post was, like, heck, I die tomorrow, lets go have some fun, who the f$#^ cares what outcomes if that's what I desire!
Lotsa love, my friend, 3 more weeks - you are coming ahead of time, right? :)

Mike Burke said...

You are going to have to give me the particulars on this speedrecord. When is he attempting it. Does Karl have a Blog. I guess I can look that up.
You really go for the Brass Ring. I need some of your Love of Life and Bigger Balls.

Lee said...

Way to go Billy Bob!!~ I'm happy for you. You deserve it. I'm jealous...have fun be careful, ok?

Lee said...

Way to go Billy Bob!!~ I'm happy for you. You deserve it. I'm jealous...have fun be careful, ok?

Damie said...

I had no idea you had a blog. I have so many replies to your previous posts I don't know where to start. What an honor to be asked on Karl's record attempt.